COV884: Special Module in Artificial Intelligence (Soft Computing) 2nd sem 2018-19
Soft Computing is field which has applications in all science and engineering fields. It basically refers to collection of Computer Science techniques from artificial intelligence, machine learning and engineering discipline helping user to model and analyze very complex concepts and systems, which are not possible to be modeled by conventional methods. Soft computing techniques give low cost and reasonably good solutions to hard problems. Soft Computing consists of fuzzy systems, Neural network systems, Evolutionary computation, machine learning which forms the foundation for emerging area of computational intelligence. The book on soft computing aims to provide undergraduate and graduate engineering students, a comprehensive material on the subject. Since computational intelligence and machine intelligence are backbone and foundation for smart systems, soft computing provides basis for building such systems.
• MTech, and BTech (3rd or 4th year) students are allowed to register this course.
• The student must know MATLAB programming.
• Students who have done AI course with me are not eligible for this course.
• FUZZY LOGIC AND INFERENCE RULES
• ROUGH SET AND POSSIBILITY THEORIES
• ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK
• EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTING
• MACHINE LEARNING PARADGIM
Course Evaluation Scheme
• Mid Term Exam: 30
• Major Exam: 40
• Assignments(2): 20
• Attendance and Class Participation: 10